EGGsist is pleased to have been invited yesterday to the Hong Kong Trade Development Council’s event in Milan.
It has been an event on the occasion of the Year of the #Rat, a moment to meet experts in the sector, stay updated, and also talk about the impact of Coronavirus on the international business.
Gianluca Mirante –Direct Italy of the HKTDC – welcomed the guest and underlined that it was not a time to celebrate the Chinese New Year but an occasion to meet, talk and be together.
Mr.Mirante left the word to Mr. Eddie Cheung – the Special Representative for the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Affairs to the European Union.
We summed up the key-points of his speech:
– HTDK is closed to China people at this moment;
– The Coronavirus has hit the HK economy,
– According to the IMF, Hong Kong’s economy is expected to contract 1.9% this year
– HK Government has adopted special concessions to help companies hit by the Coronavirus (most affected sectors are transportation, hospitality, and tourism in general);
– HK Government has released 30 billion HKD to support businesses and families in HK and It has offered tax rebate benefits to help domestic consumption.